Re: [TenTec] Omni C self-test

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C self-test
From: "Chuck Guenther" <ni0c@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 07:44:31 -0500
Mike, N4NT wrote: "1. What do I need done that my Omni-C won't do?"

I am the proud owner of an Omni C and an Omni 6.  I enjoy both radios-- but for
different purposes.  The Omni C is great for casual ragchewing and general
listening on the ham bands, and it can hear DX very well also.  However, when I
want to find DX, I use the Omni 6.  The Omni C has a frightfully fast tuning
rate for scanning the bands.  Also, it's fixed 750 Hz pitch is way too shrill
for my aging ears.  Ten Tec has indeed come a long way, and when I am able to
afford one, I'll be going for one of the Orion series.

73,
Chuck  NI0C