[TenTec] Pegasus and digital modes

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus and digital modes
From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:02:24 -0400
As I mentioned recently, I'm now having fun with my Pegasus in digital
modes -- specifically RTTY and SSTV employing the MMTTY and MMSSTV
freeware programs.

My appetite whetted, I now wish to try other digital text modes like
PSK31, MTK63, Hellscreiber, THROB, etc.  But, let's start with PSK31.
MMTTY transmits and receives only RTTY, so I've purchased TrueTTY to
work with PSK31 (and other modes).  However, I can't seem to get it to
work.  This, I'm sure, is because I haven't a clue as to what I'm doing.

If you -- or someone you know -- is using a Pegasus (or Jupiter) for
PSK31 and other digital modes besides RTTY, please let  me know:

1)  What Pegasus mode and filter selections for transmit and receive do
you employ?  In RTTY, for instance, I use the Pegasus in RTTY mode wth a
675 Hz receive filter. I'm guessing, but really don't know, that it's
transmitting in LSB at whatever transmit bandwidth I choose (typically
2.7 KHz).  What is optimal?

I've read that PSK31 is in USB -- so, should I send and receive in USB
or RTTY mode?  What filter settings should I use?

2)  What software do you use for PSK31 and other digital modes besides RTTY?

3) What other digital modes, besides RTTY and PSK31, are popular?

Many thanks and 73,

Craig
W3CRR