Re: [TenTec] Orion vs SDR 1k

To: na9u@arrl.net,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion vs SDR 1k
From: "Douglas Shock" <douglas.shock@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:11:25 -0600
John,
I don't see this as an insult. And I think a bunch here have been saying the
same thing for months. Great radio...just need better skills for the
software. Do a search and see how many times you see the question "Where's
Doug?"

I think it is the best radio I have ever operated for DX and contesting.
With the software going through it's growth, does this mean the radio sucks?
Heck no...I still think it it the best radio I have ever used for a list of
many reasons. I am upset over the software progression but I still get a
woody when operating this rig.

Would I like to see a SW release that causes the NR and audio parts of the
SW blow me out of my chair in performcance. Sure I would, as most here would
as well.

Did I back out of the 2.033 release? Yes I did. I don't think this is the
release I was wanting to see. Is TenTec working on it? Yes they are and this
is more than I can say for the other mega buck companies who force owners to
ship the radio in for SW updates. Read the posts on the other reflectors.