Re: [TenTec] RF in Audio Mods for Jupiter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF in Audio Mods for Jupiter
From: "Mark DeBord" <markinkpt@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:43:34 -0400
I run 800 watts into a Carolina Windom. I have had some RF issues when using
a Jupiter, Orion I, and even my old radios (Icom 746PRO and 756PRII).
I find there seems to never be a silver bullet that solves all RF issues.

I have break in the coax just outside the shack so I can disconnect the
antenna during the summer for storms, etc. Having some RF issues on 75 with
the Orion (and Scout), I placed a Radio Works T-4G line isolator inplace of
my barrel connector outside and no further RF issues! I bought the one with
the ground strap, but do not connect it to the ground; without it took care
of the prob,. Of course I have a ground from rods outside going to the rig,
amp, tuner, etc.

Just wanted to make you aware that this seemed to work for me. You could
save a little money and get the one without the strap, but at least you
would have the strap, if you needed it, for the most stubborn RF. If you end
up needing to use the strap, use a seperate ground rod from your regular
ground rod.

73's

Mark KA4ICK