Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI+ Phase Nosie and INRAD roofing filter mod?

To: <kg6tt@arrl.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI+ Phase Nosie and INRAD roofing filter mod?
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:35:08 -0000
GM Jerry...

Changing to one of the Ten Tec radios might help your FD problem. We had
that also, but have built some stubs out of 8x coax (rg 8 or 213 would
probably better) and have knocked about all our interference out between
stations. Also, I owned a 940 a few years ago, and finally got rid of it due
to it's self destructive nature. But the one I had would run 125 watts plus,
so that may have been some of the problem too. Of course, they aren't as
good as bandpass filters, but being the pack rat that I am, I had plenty of
the 8x already.

73, Mike K9MI   (club FD station W9VCF central IN)