Re: [TenTec] Orion ll Update Please

To: Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion ll Update Please
From: "Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <sales@tentec.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:11:26 -0400
Peak-detection AGC is only used in the original Orion, using firmware up
through v1.372.  The AGC in V2 of the original Orion firmware and in the
Orion II is true envelope AGC derived from a complex I-Q pair.  There
has been some discussion lately - I think on the Yahoo IC7800 reflector
about AGC and the Orion - that incorrectly identifies Orion II AGC as
peak-detection.

Going to add some AGC technical discussion to a future manual revision
as part of a more technical description of the differences between the
two rigs.

Scott Robbins
W4PA