Re: [TenTec] Lousy eHam review

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lousy eHam review
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 21:25:31 -0500
On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 21:25 -0400, K7wpz@aol.com wrote:
> Hi, John. Just had to comment on the E-ham reviews. It is sort of like
> sitting in an airport bar. If one listens to all of the conversations around
> him,
> it takes great fortitude not to scream and flee the area. The great thing
> about the Web is that we can look at a lot of different opinions. And, as in
> real life, we can toss out 99.999 percent of the dreck.
>
> I have been licensed since 1949 and active all of those years. I thought
> that I had heard it all from the Ham community. Then, along came the Web. It
> made 80 Meter SSB seem like a Sunday school picnic.
>
> Many thanks for expressing to us all your concern about tripe. If one were
> to take most of this BS serious, we would give up the hobby and take up
> macrame.
>
> God bless.
>
> David  w8udx

Even in macrame done in private for home use, there will eventually
appear a critic who will disagree with your choices of material, colors,
knots, design, and will consider your workmanship unworthy of allowed to
being seen. No matter whether you are the worlds most expert or the most
rank of beginner. Someone will judge you as you are the most super of
macrame artists while they are not capable of completing a project
without loss of much blood or even fingers.

And that same personality, without knowledge of the radio, has an
opinion that is not expressible in terms other than the most derogatory
because that person can't turn the radio on even if helped. Though any
such help would not be accepted.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,