[TenTec] New Competition for Orion 2

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] New Competition for Orion 2
From: Craig <craigs99@iprimus.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:54:39 +1000
Just following all the complaints  and praises of the Orion 2. I just
noticed that Hilberling have  updated their product pages with specs and
prices.
It seems perfect engineering does have its price, at 2 to 3 times the
Orions price!

http://www.hilberling.de/produkte/pt-8000a.htm

There is no mention of Ultimate receiver specs at 2 khz spacing. But it
certainly has used some state of the art RF design techniques like, high
voltage mosfets and , Diplexer filters in the PA. The PA has very
respectable 3rd order IMD numbers, i dont know if it has a calibrated S
meter.

It seems the designers have been listening to the many complaints about
contemporary ham radio transceiver design problems. The construction is
certainly impressive, it looks like something from R&S.

Whose going to be the first run this  15,000 Euro Dollar  wonder up
against the Orion2?  We all would be interested!

Craig
VK3HE