Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Is Orion really worth it? Giventhepublished problems?

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Is Orion really worth it? Giventhepublished problems?
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:27:18 -0700
And just how does one do that on a radio that has the ALC level fixed in the
firmware and controlled by DSP?  This isn't like a Kenmore that has a
"carrier level" control on the front panel.  There is no menu setting to
control it either.  The ALC light blinks on CW at all power levels settings
from 1 to 100.

The good news is that since the ALC control is so tight and consistent,
there is no need for the traditional ALC loop from an external amplifier to
the exciter (if anyone ever used that--I never did)...just turn down the
power control.

Ron Castro
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC