Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Is Orion really worthit?Giventhepublishedproblems?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Is Orion really worthit?Giventhepublishedproblems?
From: William Addams <wiladdamsham@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:11:12 -0700 (PDT)
This was another issue that we can't find in my friends shack
This is one of several issues that several people had really complained hard to
TenTec about, and it turned out to be their own shack setup.
Please exchange information on these issues, so that they can be narrowed down
to the real problems that TenTec needs to resolve.
I know if I were TenTec, and I continued to get complaints that I couldn't
reproduce at TenTec, I would get frustrated with the reporters also. Hence you
would have a stalemate, where both aren't satisfied.
If someone posts a problem here, and someone else does not see this problem,
then please indicate that you don't have this issue.
Otherwise people will tend to follow the squeaky wheel, after all, its the one
that gets greased.
Instead of finding out why the persons shack is at fault.

Regards,
Wil

Michael W Elliott <kq0b@sbcglobal.net> wrote: use a Ameritron arb-704  between
the amp and rigs

  use   Alpha 89 / 99

  no probs and it keys great

"Ken, KA0W"  wrote:
  No initial overshoot into my Alpha 99. Orion II has a
rock solid output.

Ken, KA0W

--- Bob Henderson wrote:

> I echo Dick's comment Buck. 87A here too and an
> Acom 1000. I've had no
> problem with either. From time to time, I have
> monitored Orion keying
> waveform quite rigorously and have seen no sign of
> this.
>
> 73, Bob 5B4AGN

Michael W. Elliott
THE INSIDE ADVANTAGE -
RETIREMENT - LEISURE, REST and ONLY ELECTRONIC MAIL PAYMENTS
Servant to Bridgett, Collin and all my Creditors
St. Louis County Missouri