[TenTec] My rare Ten Tec microphone

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] My rare Ten Tec microphone
From: Peter Connors <monotreme@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:32:31 +0100
Together with my excellent O2 I purchased an excellent Ten Tec 708A
unidirectional microphone which an informal test shows as indeed being a
cardioid or 'uni-directional' microphone. The Ten Tec website includes a
graphic at http://images.tentec.com/radio/products/708/708Base.png which
shows 'UNI-DIRECTIONAL' on the base yet *my* 708A contradicts this,
having 'OMNI-DIRECTIONAL' printed on it.

I am awaiting Ten Tec's verdict on this anomaly but I hope this proves
to be incredibly rare, like a postage stamp printed upside down and will
eventually be worth millions. Once a provisional valuation has been
established I will eventually consider bids which recognise the extreme
rarity of this article (dollars, pounds or euros accepted provided there
are enough 0s in the figure).
:-)

Pete, G4PLZ
Or I might just use it...