Re: [TenTec] Omni VII

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII
From: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:08:06 -0400
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>

 (JA Mfrs give you a mic every time).   Icom products are routinely
> discounted.  The TS870 originally was around $3000 but I was able to
> purchase one NEW with a coupon for $1600 two years ago.  That's not bad.
> The FT1000MP Mk V was originally $3.3 K and after a few years went for
> $2100.
>
> Ask yourselves--as Ten Tec ever done anything like that??  No, all they do
> is RAISE prices.  Yeah, what a deal.

The above is a classic example of "marketing psychology", Now that he's
hooked, they'll play him like a fish. When he's finally  on land, will he be
a Bass or a Carp ?? We call'em 'suckers' down here in the swamp. Same thing
works with sheep, you get them eating out of the bucket--- then lead them
straight to slaughter.

I've learned over the years, there's no such thing as a *good* deal. Unless
you are the one controlling the price.
73, WA4TT