Re: [TenTec] Omni VII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:19:07 -0400
At 02:19 PM 8/4/06, Rob Atkinson, K5UJ wrote:
>When was the last time Ten Tec had a sale?  not one of those one day
>only hamfest sales but a real sale for an extended period on new
>merchandise for anyone anywhere.  When was the
>last time they threw in a free power supply?  I think once they gave
>away mics--WOW (JA Mfrs give you a mic every time).   Icom products
>are routinely discounted. Et al..

We have such short memories... It was common knowledge for years
that JA manufacturers were subsidized by their government...
it is most likely still that way.

US mfr's are not subsidized... the only thing close to that was
when Chrysler was "bailed out" 15+ years ago.

TT's parting of the ways with "Dealers" years back was due to
the generous kick-backs Yaecomwood gave to them for promoting
their wares over TT, which had no budget for that type of activity.

I jokingly complained to TT (when purchasing prizes for our hamfest)
that Yaecomwood gives out hats, cups, pens, or what-have-you...
whereas they do not.  But, I understand the economics of being a
small company versus Japan, Inc.

I gladly bought my TT hat and TT Golf shirt (complete with red-dot
logos), pretty classy stuff, and happy to keep my favorite radio
builders afloat...

Perry   w8au