[TenTec] Which HF directional antenna?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Which HF directional antenna?
From: Frankie Hunt <k4ten@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:11:10 -0700 (PDT)
I would highly recommend a Hexbeam HX-5Bi.  It is a
very well built antenna that can survive harsh
conditions every well.  It has no traps to worry with.
It has a small footprint that is easy to manage
(doesn?t require a huge tower/rotor/space).  (Ever try
to put up one of those monster antennas on top of a
tower?  That?s not for the faint of heart!) The
Hexbeam HX-5Bi has gain on all 5 bands 10-20.  It
performs great.  The company is GREAT to work with.
Its worth every penny it cost.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/860
http://www.hexbeam.com/index.shtml

Although I don?t own one, I would think the next step
up would be a SteppIR 3 or 4 element.  I am not
implying that the Hexbeam is weak in its performance,
it is great.  However I do realize that it is not the
absolute best.  The only other antenna I would
consider over the Hex is the SteppIR

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1833
http://www.steppir.com/

Frankie K4TEN, who is very happy with his
Hexbeam/Orion combo.