[TenTec] Which HF directional antenna?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Which HF directional antenna?
From: "Frankie Hunt" <f3hunt@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:19:27 -0400
I would highly recommend a Hexbeam HX-5Bi.  It is a very well built antenna
that can survive harsh conditions every well.  It has no traps to worry
with. It has a small footprint that is easy to manage (doesn't require a
huge tower/rotor/space).  (Ever try to put up one of those monster antennas
on top of a tower?  That's not for the faint of heart!) The Hexbeam HX-5Bi
has gain on all 5 bands 10-20.  It performs great.  The company is GREAT to
work with.  Its worth every penny it cost.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/860

http://www.hexbeam.com/index.shtml

Although I don't own one, I would think the next step up would be a SteppIR
3 or 4 element.  I am not implying that the Hexbeam is weak in its
performance, it is great.  However I do realize that it is not the absolute
best.  The only other antenna I would consider over the Hex is the SteppIR

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1833

http://www.steppir.com/

Frankie K4TEN, who is very happy with his Hexbeam/Orion combo.