Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 running firmware version 2.059d

To: <kg6tt@arrl.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 running firmware version 2.059d
From: "Charles Delaune" <chas118@cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 17:33:26 -0500
Sounds like a winner to me, and I can't wait to install it, but before I can
I need a serial to USB adapter for this laptop (no serial port). I'm sure
many of you have the same situation...that is, no serial port on your
"modern" PC. If so, please advise on your particular adaptor manufacture if
you are experiencing zero problems with data transfer. I understand Belkin
would be a good purchase. Some others are junk and are causing problems.
Also, does Windows XP Home Addition contain the driver I need or do I need
to make sure the adaptor comes with the driver? Otherwise I'm sure I'll be
able to download what I need from the manufactures Website.

73
Charlie - N5BLY