[TenTec] Blue screen of death 2.059

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion565@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TenTec] Blue screen of death 2.059
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:13:17 EDT
Well, I have spent a lot of time on the phone today with the good  folks at
TT and so far no one seems to know why I am having so much trouble with  2.059
crashing while 2.057 works.  I really appreciate how helpful they are  - makes
me glad I have a TT and not one of those brand J radios.

Most of the time, I can not get 2.059 to load at all.  It goes  through the
whole process but boots to a blank screen.  Master  Reset still boots to a
blank screen.   If I run the Verify  Program function in the update utility it
reports "file and firmware  successfully verified" so it would not seem the
download or installation is  corrupted.

If I can get 2.059 to load, it will crash if I hit the AN button and  then
either the Notch or NR button.  One answer is to never push to AN  button which
I could probably live with but I sure would like to figure this  out.  It will
also crash if I hit the Recall button and choose to reset to  the factory
defaults.  Again, that is not something I would normally do but  I came across
it
in my attempts to diagnose the problem.

I am posting this for the archives and in the hope someone out there may
have a hint.

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA