Re: [TenTec] Hercules II battery arrangement

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules II battery arrangement
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:10:45 -0500

>I have a Ten-Tec 9420 to power my Hercules II. It is essentially four 20
>amp (or so) regulated 12 VDC power supplies. And it is interesting to

I just went into the garage,  ( my 9420 is mounted in a old kitchen
cabinet on the garage wall , on the wall opposite my station setup).

IT says 14 VDC... I knew it was not 12vdc,,,  and I have no clue what
the difference of 12 to 14 VDC will have on output , but the Herc is
designed for 14.

So when figuring batteries and chargers it might be wise to ask some
of you guys with battery setups , what if any difference is noted
with a regulated 12 vdc system.

just a thought

bill....

and in response to any earlier inquiry:  the value of a HERC II  ...
"PRICELESS"