[TenTec] Centurion 110 v.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion 110 v.
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:58:44 +0000
I would not run any amp that is supposed to put out over 1 kw, on 110 v. I would look into the Ameritron AL-80B. don't hold me to it, but it may be okay for 110 v. and if it is, I'll bet it's the best you could do in terms of most watts for 110 v. price is reasonable especially if you can get one used in good condx, good design, takes a single 3-500 which is a rugged, available and fairly inexpensive tube. treat the amp right and that one tube will last you decades. I bet most of what you could work with the Centurion you will be able to work with the AL-80B.

rob / k5uj