Re: [TenTec] Centurion Amplifier - 110 volt?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion Amplifier - 110 volt?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:11:37 -0500
On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 12:21 -0400, Ed Cummins wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the enlightening discussion in regards to operating
> the Centurion on 110VAC.  I had not expected such a wealth of information.
>
> It certainly appears that this is not right approach to operate the
> Centurion on 110VAC.  There were some interesting ideas as to how I "might"
> be able to make it work, however I think I will call another electrician and
> get another estimate.
>
> My shack is in the basement a goodly run from the breaker panels which are
> located in the garage at the other end of the house (the basement does not
> run the entire length of the house and is not under the garage) and the cost
> from the first electrician was very high. The fishing of the line down a
> floor, through the ceilings and through the finished basement walls made the
> cost expensive.  Safety is of major concern and whatever approach I do take
> I want it to confirm to the code.

Its not necessary to run the most direct yet hidden path to meet the
code. It would be perfectly legitimate to run conduit on the surface of
the finished ceiling and walls to minimize finish rework. It would be
more expedient to run a length of conduit outside the basement wall,
probably these days in PVC conduit. Romex has to be protected but its
not proper to be in conduit.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,