Re: [TenTec] Power adjustment

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Power adjustment
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 18:20:31 -0700
The meter banging on the peg is normal and I wish they would change the
software driven ballistics to fix that...maybe slow down the rise time and
release time.

As for the power, don't put too much reliance on external meters.  Dummy
loads don't always exhibit a true 50 +j0 impedance and unless you have had
the external meters recently calibrated with a laboratory calorimeter, their
accuracy is suspect and doubtful better than +-10%.  Even a Bird 43 is only
speced at +-5%, only at full-scale and only then if the slug and meter were
calibrated together at the factory.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I assume that all Orions are calibrated on the same
dummy load and with the same wattmeter, and I think I can only recall of one
complaint on this list about the output being less than 100 watts.

Ron N6AHA