[TenTec] 2,037j Manual Update history

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 2,037j Manual Update history
From: ac9s@mchsi.com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:34:28 +0000
>Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:20:38 -0400
>Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.037j Manual effective 10/13
>To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>

>what are the main changes in the new manual ? ? ?   thanks n8zx@hughes.net

At the same location on the O2 web page where you download the manual is a
link to the revision history.  Here is a cut and paste of the entire history -
it isn't very large.  -- Keith AC9S

566 / 566AT ORION II MANUAL UPDATE HISTORY
Minor corrections for spelling or grammatical clarity are not noted below.
Changes noted are in
order of appearance in the manual.

2nd manual release, January 2006:
?h FREQUENCY STABILITY NOTES added.
?h ¡§Possible damage¡¨ notation removed from (15) PHONES.
?h Milliwatt power spec for transverters added to PWR description and
TRANSVERTER
HOOKUPS section.
?h Notation about SWEEP speed when turning main tuning knobs added.
?h Max voltage and current load specs added for TX OUT / TX EN loops 1 & 2 at
appropriate spots.
?h Incorrect sentence in CW QSK Delay section regarding control of delay
setting for AMP
KEY 1 & 2 deleted.
?h VOX Trip Level note added ¡V lower values equals more sensitivity.
?h Roofing filter centering procedure in (FILTR) FILTER MENU clarified.
?h AM transmit bandwidth corrected.
?h Note about using Keying Loop 2 open to inhibit TX to use ANT 2 as RX-only
antenna jack
added to DIVERSITY RECEPTION.
?h Corrected descriptions of Figures 4-8 and 4-9.
?h Deleted reference to non-existent table under summary of WEAK SIGNAL DX
RECEPTION.
?h Notation about possible damage from improper installation in INSTALLATION OF
OPTIONAL CRYSTAL FILTERS deleted.
?h Notes on buzzing noise heard on TX or RX due to possible ground loop issues
related to
multiple accessories powered from rear panel 13.8 Vdc jack added to
TROUBLESHOOTING.
?h Under SPECIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION corrected TX & MAIN RX
frequency ranges.
?h Corrected frequency stability spec.
?h Added RX Headphone Output spec.
?h Corrected part numbers on Figure 5-1 subassembly boards.
?h Added to and updated signal path information.
?h Substituted updated block diagrams for Figures 5-2 to 5-6.

3rd manual release, March 2006:
?h Corrected designations of (55) and (56) in TABLE OF CONTENTS, (24) NR and
(31)
STEP
?h Corrected direction notation for ALC LED in (39) MIC
?h Added duplicate of flash update instructions from downloadable executable
file to
UPDATING ORION II OVER THE INTERNET
?h Clarified description of several items in SPECFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL
DESCRIPTION
?h Added CE DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY

4thmanual release, October 2006, through version 2.037j of firmware:
?h Added reference to H/W Mic Gain to (39) MIC
?h Renumbered section 3 Figure references after deletion of 3-4, 3-7.
?h Added description of Amp Key Tracks to CW MENU section
?h Figure 3-4 deleted; obsolete
?h Noted that programmable AGC decay range now starts at 1 dB/s under PROG
description, AGC, in SSB MENU (5 dB/s previous)
?h Added description of AGC Slope to RX MENU section
?h Figure 3-7 deleted; obsolete
?h Added description of H/W Mic Gain to SSB MENU section
?h Added reference and use information on H/W Mic Gain to FACTORS THAT AFFECT
THE SOUND OF SSB TRANSMIT AUDIO AND THEIR ADJUSTMENT
?h Updated CE DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY