Re: [TenTec] Triton IV stuff...

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton IV stuff...
From: "k3tx" <k3tx@fast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:23:24 -0400
  Congratulations on having your Triton. On the negatitive side, it's hardly
nearly as imposing looking as many other rigs, and is certainly quite short
on the bells-and-whistles.  On the other hand, the transmitting end is
problem-free and excellent, and the receiver out performs many if not most
of  transceivers at many times its cost.  I've had one for years which has
been compared side-by-side with many JA rigs at far higher price classes,
and the Triton always holds its own.  As for maintenance and service, so
far, zero.

  A very desirable addition would be the T-T digital read out. One should be
out there somewhere.  As for tuner, anything will work, and of course it's
not as sensitive to mismatch (SWR) as many other rigs.  Almost any mic
should be fine, though what should I, a CW op, should know.

  The best story I've heard about the Triton was from a N.Dak op I worked
who said he had planned to use his in his pickup for use on the farm/ranch..
He said he pre-tested it on a paint shaker and it worked fine, so in the
pickup it went, and he said it was just fine.

  73 from K3TX - who's tried them all, and now strictly Ten-Tec.-----