Re: [TenTec] ICOM Pro III and Ten-Tec Titan III

To: w7ts@comcast.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ICOM Pro III and Ten-Tec Titan III
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:30:20 -0500
Interesting question. I've wondered about this for a while and had an
opportunity to try my Centaur amplifier with a FT-2000 (in place of my
usual Paragon) in full QSK  mode this weekend.

What I did was hook an external keyer to the "key in" jack of the
amplifier and hooked the amplifier "key out" to one of the FT-2000 key
jacks, thus taking advantage of the sequencing in the TT amp. The
FT-2000 key jack was set to operate without the internal keyer. It
seemed to work fine and reports were that the keying sounded the same
either semi or full QSK.

I did have a xmit lock-up but only on 80 m, so most probably a local
grounding issue, not a systematic problem of the connections.

Good to know about the possibilities!

73, Joel
Joel R. Hallas, W1ZR