Re: [TenTec] Circuit breaker tripping excessively

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Circuit breaker tripping excessively
From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:50:45 -0500
Thanks for the good checklist, Dan.

As Mike, N4NT, suggested at the outset, the problem may very well be ALC
related.  The problem is not as random as it first appeared.  Here's
what happens:
as I advance the Drive control toward full output, the power supply's
magnetic breaker trips just as the ALC is activated.  The exact power
output level varies from band to band (from 50 watts on 80 meters down
to about 35 - 40 on 10 meters) but the breaker trip point and ALC
activation always coincide.

I don't have a schematic of this rig, so I don't know how or from where
the ALC voltage is derived.  This could be a challenge,

73,

Craig
W3CRR