Re: [TenTec] Eliminating CW as a License Requirement

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eliminating CW as a License Requirement
From: "James Duffer" <dufferjames@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:32:59 -0600

snip

>With Drake dropping out of the ham radio business for good by ending
>the production of the R8, with a claim there will never be an R9, that
>leaves "two men standing" in the U.S. ham radio business. MFJ and Ten-Tec.
>There are others, but their business is very small in comparison.

One of these "small" companies is SGC and their smart antenna tuner is a
fine business tuner.  Although they cater to the marine crowd, they do have
some radio equipment used by hams, the SGC 2020, the SGC cube, the SGC 2000
etc.  I must admit that the SGC 2000 while advertised in QST was not an
ideal "CW" rig.

snip