[TenTec] Titan III

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Titan III
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 06:00:49 -0800 (PST)
UPS has a way of jarring those things lose.

Charlie - N5BLY

  Yup, good point Charlie... Tubes were OK... What was not was the HV
transformer... UPS had managed to crush the box, break the plywood shipping
base, and bend the steel mounting foot on one side...  To do that would require
that it be dropped, or thrown, from chest high onto concrete...

  I did call TT and talk to the tech who built my amp... He said after he
aligns the mechanics and electronics,  all final adjustments are made by UPS...

  OTOH, our UPS driver saw the load was from Ten Tec <he recognizes my toys>
and adjusted his route so he could deliver it to me before I leave the office
instead of late afternoon...  Hard to complain when you are treated that way...

  denny / k8do