Re: [TenTec] Class A

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Class A
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:11:35 +0000
I just can't help it any more. Many of us love CW. Others love other modes.
Want the secret of keeping CW alive. Become CW friendly. We need a set of
freq's on which the beginner can work 5 to 15 WPM without intimidation. In the
past, I've operated by answering a fast CQ at 10 WPM. Only one in twenty
operators slow down to come back. We used to go into the novice bands and
operate slowly to encourage newcomers. I'm sure many of us still do, but in our
desire to be fast, we intimidate the newcomer. We are at times our own worst
enemy, even though it is unintentional.
That's my say. To those who disagree, you may be right. You are entitled to
that opinion
Dave
WA3MKB

From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>