Re: [TenTec] AM Receiver distortion in Orion II,

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] AM Receiver distortion in Orion II,
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:16:59 -0800 (PST)
FWIW the ADC's in the Orion's are a AKM AK4524 part number
(per the schematics I have). That is a 24 bit ADC. And it is
the ADC bit resolution more so than the DSP processing bits
that will determine the "fidelity" of the DSP IF system.

And in any case the Orion's Analog Devices ADSP210xxx DSP
part numbers are 32 bit.

Duane
N9DG