Re: [TenTec] Orion II key click report -- Thank you

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II key click report -- Thank you
From: Ken N9VV <n9vv@wowway.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:04:53 -0600
Jack Burchfield (Pres TT) gave a great presentation of the new OMNI-VII
at the Old Timer's Picnic in Marcellus MI in August 06. Jack
specifically went over the very special *NEW* attention to rise and fall
times at all power settings in the new OMNI-VII. He drew a picture on
this flip chart and it was immediately clear that YaeComWood have their
rise/fall milliseconds computed ONLY FOR FULL POWER 100W operation. The
new OMNI-VII has special firmware(?) that compensates for the ACTUAL
power setting you are using. If you are using 30W to drive a Linear then
you get the EXACT rise/fall characteristics you selected. If you are
running barefoot at 70W you get those same reliable ms settings. Jack
indicated this is the FIRST RIG that he knows of to address the partial
power issue. I thought this was a great new feature in the OMNI-VII.
Ken N9VV