Re: [TenTec] MFJ-1026

To: Ten Tec Contesting <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] MFJ-1026
From: Mike Gorniak <mgorniak@genesiswireless.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:00:02 -0600
Hi Wayne,

I've only operated in the SSB Contest, and I've keyed the 1026 with the
same PTT line that I key the Orion with, via foot switch and reed relay
isolated.

The ARRL measured the RCV / XMT turnaround time at 0.6 ms, and the
XMT / RCV turnaround time is front panel adjustable from 5 ms to 1.7 s.
Obviously, these are not good numbers for QSK! Isn't that what we used
to call "Semi Break - In" ?

Rick's suggestion is an excellent one. (Thanks, Rick!)

Another way to preserve true QSK is to use the "RX ANT" input if you are
using an Orion. This only works if you have the luxury of having a
Primary Receive Antenna and a Noise Antenna that are Not being used as a
Transmit Antenna.

Rick's suggestion is far more versatile, if you don't mind doing the
mod. Good Luck!

73,
Mike
NM7X