Re: [TenTec] Late Model 564 Omni VI Plus?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Late Model 564 Omni VI Plus?
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 07:44:54 -0800
This is also the way I understand the serial number system--built January 97 or
actually, scheduled to be built in January 97.  Although, I thought the first
production run of VI+'s was in March so it is a very early VI+.  It is hard
from looking at the pics to determine whether a subsequent owner added the
TXCO.  Early  VI+'s came with an crystal oven instead.  There were also some
small board changes to improve smooth receiver recovery in QSK.  I had a March
97 rig and it had not been performed yet.  I'm operating a VI+ now built in
2000 and many of the boards are SMT, has a TXCO and the QSK  mod performed in
manufacturing.

73,  Gary W7TEA