[TenTec] Micro Keyer and Keying an Orion

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Micro Keyer and Keying an Orion
From: "Bill Gaines AD8P" <ad8p@wcoil.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:20:28 -0500
I bought a Micro Keyer last week to interface with my Orion. Well let me be the
first to say I am a total geek when it comes to computers and if it isn't
specifically spelled out for me in the instructions then I am going to have
issues. Well I have issues. I am certain that some of my esteemed colleagues in
radioville use the Micro Keyer and the Orion. Please let me know how to contact
you so I can copy your settings in the rig and in the router so I can get it up
and running.

In setting up the router I can get it to sent "test" when I hit the test button
on the WinKey comport. I can also get it to key the rig from the CW key port
and the software also follows the rig on the control port. It also sends tones
from the FSK test button in router. However, I can't seem to get any setting to
work with N1MM logger. It will track in N1MM but it won't key the rig.

I was able to get MMTTY to run but I could be transmitting "upside-down" as
no-one would respond to me last night and I am sure it isn't signal strength. I
was able to make it generate tones however and key the rig but as a standalone
program....not in N1MM Logger.

Come on guys.....any help is appreciated. This list has always come through for
me. I searched the archives and found nothing there by using Micro Keyer Orion
as my search criteria.

Bill AD8P