Re: [TenTec] PARAGON Keying problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PARAGON Keying problem
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:09:49 -0500
I think you've hit on the problem. I have seen RF in the shack lock the
Paragon in transmit, and the power supply issue sounds like you were drawing
excess current as well (is that a TT supply? If not, you may want to
consider a fast acting breaker bewteen it and your Paragon as TT uses that
technique to protect the radio from high current draws).

As a simple remedy, try making an RF choke with 8 turns, or so, of the coax
before it gets to your antenna tuner. This can prevent some of the RF
problems. Once I did that, I both at the antenna and in teh shack, I have
had NO problems at all with RF into the shack.

=Vic=
WA4THR