[TenTec] Triton IV (Digital)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Triton IV (Digital)
From: d.holdeman@att.net
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:18:56 +0000
I have a Triton IV (digital) that I purchased last summer from a local ham who
was re-locating. It worked FB for about a month when it starting blowing finals
and drivers. It has been back to Ten-Tec 3 times and they have replaced the
finals once and the drivers twice. They have also examined the power supply and
reset the trip point. They are at a loss as to why the radio keeps doing this.
The radio is pristine and I am considering selling it, but I will keep it if I
can correct the problem. I have the remote VFO with a broken dial cord, the
262G power supply, and a brand new Ten-Tec hand mike especially made for this
radio. The radio currently puts out 40 watts on 80 meters and 12 watts on 20
meters. Any offers or ideas?  I would consider trading it for a working 555
scout Thanks and 73 Dave Holdeman N9XU 630-551-1676