[TenTec] Orion 1 memory entry

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1 memory entry
From: "k3hx@juno.com" <k3hx@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:51:35 GMT

I have an Original Orion 565AT.  Software ver 1.372

I've been through the owner's manual a few times and have been unable

to determine what steps are needed to enter a frequency into memory.

I hope to enter WWV on 2.5, 5, 10, and 15 mHz and be able to recall

them.

I suspect this will these out of band frequencies to be "sent" to the

sub RX but don't know how to manage this.

I'd also like to memorize some ham band frequencies.

Also hope to enter BC frequencies into the memory and would be grateful

to hear from any list members who use the Orion for BCB DX.

Is there a way for the memory to "know" which antenna it should use

for a given frequency?

Is there a "band edge scan" function lurking within the Orion?

I'd like to program in a start and end frequency and have the radio

"search" say between 18.068 and 18.090 mHz while I'm doing something

else.

My lowly IC-706 (original) has such a function.

Lacking a "band edge scan" function, I'm willing to program in a whole

block of discrete frequencies and scan them.  Advice on how this

may be accomplished would be appreciated.

Be Well,

Tim