Re: [TenTec] Jupiter-Anyone Out Here?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter-Anyone Out Here?
From: "dw" <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:00:11 -0800
Hi John
I too am a Jupiter man :)
And your right.
Not much chatter about it.
But that might be a good sign!

I'm totally psyched about mine.
Been working on a PIC project to control it.
My latest module has buttons for up/down band, up/down freq, up/down
volume and xON/OFF
I tap xON/OFF and then use the keyer to spot with a station and adjust
cw speed at the same time.
Then just tap the button again to go live.
It also allows me to scan up the bands for CQ.
It remembers last location at each band, so I can hop around.
It also re-sets my balanced tuner outside.
I run low-loss coax out to the tuner and twin-lead to the wire.
So the tuner always keeps the coax flat at 50.

Anyway, I LOVE THIS RIG!!!
Its been the most fun I've have hamin in a long time.
Great to meet you.

Duane
N1BBR

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:58:01 -0500, "John WA4JM" <wa4jm@earthlink.net>
said:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Am I in the wrong group.  Or is the Jupiter a bad buy.  Or maybe it's
> outstanding.  I just see nothing or little out here about the rig.
>
> 73, John

  dw
  dw@sover.net