[TenTec] emergency power via generator

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] emergency power via generator
From: "John" <brazos@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:27:30 -0500
OK guys I thank all of you for the battery back up for emergency power
information.   I have received the OK from the xyl to use some household funds
to buy a generator if it can also be used for some household appliances i.e..
Freezer, hotwlater heater some electric etc.  My question is this ...
disregarding size what must I have in a generator to be able to run my Ten Tec
Orion II and computer ( re thought the use of amplifier emergency use means I
would be listening more and transmitting less )  as well as some household
items .  I may even be considering a propane generator.  I am concerned in
providing clean power to my radio and computer what should I insist on in order
not to damage my equipment ?  Thanks again   de   John Molenda  kb2huk