[TenTec] Emergency Power via Generator - Natural Gas

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Emergency Power via Generator - Natural Gas
From: ac9s@mchsi.com
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 00:55:16 +0000
"I am talking about the propane feed into the engine itself.  The rapid
expansion of the propane causes sub-zero temps inside the engine, unless the
ambient supplies enough heat to compensate.  That is why they won't start up
if it is too cold unless they are in a warm enough ambient."

Can I assume I will not have the same cold weather starting problems with a
natural gas powered generator - ignoring the cold oil and battery issues of
coures?  I don't think the natural gas is fed to the house as a liquid, or if
it is I assume it turns to gas in the regulator as the house feed.  We are
lucky enough to have natural gas to the house and are just about to commit to
a whole house generator - powered by natural gas.  The main purpose is to keep
the sump pumps alive during rainy weather here in central Illinois, but I am
about to retire and would like to be able to travel with a reasonable
assurance of the heat staying on during the winter.

Thanks much --

Keith
AC9S