[TenTec] Orion Ergonomics, Key Clicks, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Ergonomics, Key Clicks, etc.
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 11:19:45 +0000
AC5AA:
 >I cycle the band button until I'm on the
one that has the mode I'm going to jump to.

         That assumes mode identifies the register.
If you are using LSB for both SSB and PSK, then
you have to look somewhere else on the display.
Simply adding ABCD to the display makes it easy
i.e. A = CW, B = SSB, etc.  My real point is
"If it's good for the new Omni VII, why hasn't
the same idea been implemented in Orion which
has been around for 4 years?"

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV