Re: [TenTec] Centurion probs

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion probs
From: "mcelmer1" <mcelmer1@netecin.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:05:52 -0700
Mine has been in the shop since 2 Feb or so. Initially, a plate on the "Tune
" capacitor melted. When it was returned to me, their was no power output.
So back to the shop.

The first problem may have been caused by a 14 guage wire from the band
switch to a terminal strip under the "Tune" cap. Not only was this wire
touching the plate of the capacitor, the insulation had worn through
allowing the bare wire to touch the plate.

Yes, the tubes really glowed and got super hot on the first problem. I'm at
a loss to explain your problem, I know this doesn't help; however, if you
haven't done so already, call TenTec and speak to John the "amp man."   He
repairs the amplifiers and has been helpful.

Mike
W8TRN