[TenTec] Ten Tec at the Charlotte Hamfest

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec at the Charlotte Hamfest
From: "Mark DeBord" <markinkpt@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:01:08 -0500
Well, I just returned from the Charlotte hamfest and had a GREAT time. It appeared there was lots of VEC testing going on, so we may be hearing new folks on the air soon. The usual flea market crowd had lots of treasures to trade and of course the venders had lots of new gear to sell. Yaesu was showing off their new ft-9000 series rig as well as the ft-2000. Kenwood had their usual miniature ?booth? with their one table of a few rigs. Icom did not even show up this year which was a bit of a surprise.
Ten Tec was also there and boy did their booth look nice! I was very impressed with their new displays along with their current collection of equipment including the Omni VII. Lot?s of interest was shown in the booth with all their equipment from the hamfest attendees. The few times I stooped by, there was always a good crowd looking and listening with interest. There seemed to be a particular interest in the new Omni VII, but there was an equal interest in the Jupiter and Orion II. Sure was nice to see the remote demo of the Omni VII and the abilities to take full control of the rig from a computer at a hotel, vacation spot, or an antenna restricted neighborhood?.. Ahhh the possibilities. It is a very nice looking rig as well; even better up close as compared to the new magazine ads. The Omni VII and the Orion II look great in person with their color displays. They had the big Titan III opened up and gave me the ability to see inside of this nice looking amp and I also got to play with the Centurian. Really nice looking/built amps...
I just wanted to share my experience at the Charlotte hamfest and of course you guys going to Dayton will get the ability to check them out there.

73?s
Mark KA4ICK