Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Intermittent Power Amp?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Intermittent Power Amp?
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:32:13 -0400
Peter,

I have two things to suggest, but you may have already tried them.

When I had my Omni D, I had trouble with an intermittent power level
problems.  First, I took two pliers and made sure that all of my coax
connectors were tight.  I was surprised, some were not.  The second item was
the center conductor on the SO-239 on the back of the rig.  I don't know if
I had used a fat soldered PL-259 center pin, but the prongs on the SO-239
center conductor were spread.  I used a jeweler's small screw driver and
bend the prongs back toward the center.  The rig is still running great
today and I grandson is using it.

Good luck and 73,
John