[TenTec] Jupiter USB/Serial Adapters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter USB/Serial Adapters
From: "KEVIN REGENHARD" <nue1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:05:50 -0400
Hi Gang,

Just wanted to pass this tip about USB/Serial adapters, the Jupiter and
computers that have only USB ports.

I had a difficult time trying to hook up the Jup with my new Dell (Dimension
E521) because the new computer/s

now having only USB ports. The reading of the archives helped a great deal
in solving this problem.

Also they put me in contact with folks who were very helpful. I only wanted
to download the upgrades from

TT and by using a Radio Shack P/N 26-183 cable adapter I was successful. One
of the problems was the finding

of the "ports/lpt" under device manager. The "ports/LPT" only appears when
the actual USB/Serial adapter in is plugged

in. So if you're trying to change com ports you must load the drivers first
and then have the adapter plugged in to

see "ports/LPT" under device manager.

I'm not a computer wiz so it gave me as well as Dell supports a problem. I'm
grateful to all that helped from

this reflector and especially Larry WB4WSA. Thank you.

Kevin  KA2NUE