Re: [TenTec] Jupiter USB/Serial Adapters

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter USB/Serial Adapters
From: "dw" <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:35:06 -0700
I'm using the Belkin converter out of com6 using the F5U109 driver.
Been working very fine.

I understand also that we will soon see a new PCMCIA/ExpressCard type of
IO slot, soon which will eliminate the need for usb to serial
conversion.

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:05:50 -0400, "KEVIN REGENHARD" <nue1@verizon.net>
said:
> Hi Gang,
>
> Just wanted to pass this tip about USB/Serial adapters, the Jupiter and
> computers that have only USB ports.
>
> I had a difficult time trying to hook up the Jup with my new Dell
> (Dimension
> E521) because the new computer/s
>
> now having only USB ports. The reading of the archives helped a great
> deal
> in solving this problem.
>
> Also they put me in contact with folks who were very helpful. I only
> wanted
> to download the upgrades from
>
> TT and by using a Radio Shack P/N 26-183 cable adapter I was successful.
> One
> of the problems was the finding
>
> of the "ports/lpt" under device manager. The "ports/LPT" only appears
> when
> the actual USB/Serial adapter in is plugged
>
> in. So if you're trying to change com ports you must load the drivers
> first
> and then have the adapter plugged in to
>
> see "ports/LPT" under device manager.
>
> I'm not a computer wiz so it gave me as well as Dell supports a problem.
> I'm
> grateful to all that helped from
>
> this reflector and especially Larry WB4WSA. Thank you.
>

> Kevin  KA2NUE

  dw
  dw@sover.net