Re: [TenTec] Orion 1QRP

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 1QRP
From: jmalloy <jmalloy@stny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:37:30 -0400
k3hx@juno.com wrote:
> The ARCI QRP contest is due this Sunday and I would like to use
>
> my Orion (software ver 1.372) but am unable to get the power down far
>
> enough using the PWR button and MULTI knob.
>
> I'm loathe to use an attenuator.  Is there a way to run down the
>
> drive?
>
> Be Well,
>
> Tim

Tim, my Orion (the so-called "I") will do a bit under 4 watts with the
power set to 1, so that's QRP by my calculations.  But if yours is over
5 watts, wouldn't the old "9 volt battery across the mic terminals" plus
the power control allow you to set it where you want?  I don't know,
I've not tried it, but it was a simple trick tried successfully many
years ago in the old tube transceiver days.  Anyone have an idea of how
that does?

73,

Joe, W2RBA