[TenTec] DSP on the Jupiter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] DSP on the Jupiter
From: wo8l@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:36:12 -0400
Hi All,

What does the DSP noise reduction sound like on the Jupiter?  I'd like to pick
up a used or even new Jupiter but I've never heard the DSP noise reduction.  At
the Ten Tec factory, I played with a Jupiter and loved the pass band tuning but
never got too deeply into the DSP noise reduction.

The OMNI VII is out of my price range but I did play with that at the last Ten
Tec hamfest.  I could sell my car (a 1998 Ford Escort Wagon with 99,000 miles
on it and buy one.  Maybe some day.)

The Orion?  Wow!  I worked that in Sevierville but I'd need to sell my house to
afford that, although it is tempting to take that step.  Dunno where my wife
would go, though.  Hi, hi.

I have an OMNI VI (upgrade version 3) at the Ten Tec factory for repair.  Hope
it gets home soon.

Anyway, I also have a Kenwood TS 570. On SSB and CW, the DSP noise reduction
settings are virtually useless because of distortion (Can you say Donald
Duck?).  However, the DSP "filters" on CW are not that bad. It has really
turned me off regarding DSP.

So, what does everyone think of the Jupiter?  And DSP?  And the sound?

73s,

Rick
WO8L
Pfafftown, NC