Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Price Increases April 1

To: <alan.n5na@gmail.com>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,<TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Price Increases April 1
From: <jones_winston@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 8:22:28 -0500
I bought a Jupiter in 2001 at the Ten-Tec hamfest, back when the prices were
about $500 less than
what they will be after the price increase. It was the first new HF radio I
ever purchased. I've never had
any problems with it. Since it's a software defined radio, I'm able to take
advantage of upgrades, such
as when the 60-meter band became available.

A used Jupiter is still a good buy since they carry this upgrade advantage.
Plus, Ten-Tec has a
reputation of servicing all its past equipment, even after it's discontinued.
I've never owned any of the
Japanese HF radios, so I have no experience with their service. However, it's
hard for me to imagine
any company offering better service and product support than Ten-Tec. That
alone is a major factor for
buying Ten-Tec, in my opinion.

73, Winston  K4CWQ