Re: [TenTec] Omni Vll

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni Vll
From: "W8KEB" <kburrough200@scpwildblue.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:42:01 -0400
Greetings from The Buzzard Roost

John Sheeley Wrote:

> [...]

First I have to say a I do not have the Omni VII yet.  My health is at a
point, like today, I am  writing this on the computer with my foot proped up
to keep it elevated.  The people I talk with on a regular basis know about
my problems and I don't think it should be put on the Refector again at this
point.

Ok guys there is "NO DISPLAY PROBLEM WITH THE OMNI VII".  For those of you
that can hear 40 meters, 7.178 MHz,  on the East Coast have heard me and the
gang with our Ten-Tec radios.  One of the regular members of this group,
WD4HTE of Goldsboro, NC had the so called Display Problem.  It turned out to
be a plug to the circuit board that fell off.  Now The Guys in the White
Hats in Sevierville can not explain this problem because this and all new
radios are put on the "Shake Table" and then inspected before final
shipping.  This connector got missed and took about two weeks to fall off.

There has been and will always be a small group of Ham's that Hate Ten-Tec
and will spread the "Facts as they see them"  Hence, THE DISPLAY PROBLEM.
Buy the Omni VII, it is and will prove to be the best medium priced radio
out there.

I have used and owned Ten-Tec Radios since the early 80's, starting with a
used Triton IV Digital, moving to the Omni VI Plus, Pegasus, Jupiter, Argo
556, Argonaut V.  I had one of the first Classic Orion's produced and kept
it until my health made it impossibale to go up and down the steps to the
basement radio room.    If I could I would have the Omni VII in my shack.

Ken/w8keb
USAF Retired
The Buzzard Roost where CW is so easy even a Caveman can do it.