Re: [TenTec] Remote rig operations

To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Remote rig operations
From: Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:07:13 -0400
Hi Rob,

Ok, I can see your point but what if it was your station and you couldn't be
there for something important.

In the 90s the ARRL created a bunch of new DXCC entities, most in the
Pacific.  Before I retired I used to take 4 vacations a year (I worked for a
public school district - your tax dollars hard at work).  I can't tell you
how many DXpeditions I missed because I was on vacation.  One of those DXCC
Entities is going to be up the end of April.  I moved my fly fishing trip to
the beginning of May.  If the DXpeditions is delay by as little as a week
I'll miss another "new one".  If I get my Omni VII in time I at least have a
chance to work a new one from my own station, on Long Island, using my own
rig and antennas while I'm on vacation in western Maryland.

I'm also kinda looking forward to sitting out on the patio with my laptop
and playing radio.

73 Art W2NRA
"Keep to the code!"
http://w2nra.com/